V2 Standard Controller Kit - Internal MAP with 35psi max
AEM 35 PSI Boost Dependent Water/Methanol Injection Controller and Wiring Harness
AEM’s Boost Dependent water/methanol injection controller is ideal for vehicles running up to 35 PSI of boost. It has an on-board manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor with a molded-in, barbed nipple for a boost hose pickup. The controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the controller housing for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent controller housing includes a wiring legend on the back, easy to access integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
AEM’s engineers spent extensive time developing the controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further optimizes charge air cooling and detonation control on gasoline engines or EGT reduction on turbo Diesels.
AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection wiring harness for the Boost Dependent 35 PSI controller is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and has color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.